The Specac Mini Film-maker Kit is designed to produce high-quality thin films of polymer and plastic materials for infrared transmission analysis. This product enables quick and easy hot pressing of pellets and other sample forms from ambient to 250°C, to give constant and reproducible thickness films over the range 15 to 500 microns with a formed diameter of 15 mm.
The accessory consists of an integrated hydraulic press, digital temperature controller, and heated platens, together with a lightweight film maker assembly.
This design allows the heated platens to be preheated and held at the melt-point temperature required for the sample. The film-maker assembly is separately prepared with a few tens of milligrams of the sample material and appropriate sizing ring, before being introduced to the pre-heated platens.
- Quick and reproducible thin film production
- Sample melt points from ambient to 250°C
- Standard film sizing rings of 15, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 microns producing 15mm dia. films
- Dedicated film maker accessory with hydraulic press and integrated heated platens
- Cycle time 5 mins
- Maximum load – 2 Tons
- Temperature range Ambient to – 250°C
- Temperature control – 1°C steps
- Thin film formed diameter – 15 mm
- Thin film thickness 15, 25, 50, 100, 250 & 500 microns (nominal)
- Press dimensions 104mm×198mm×197mm
- (W×H×L) (excluding lead screw)
- Weight of press and controller – 5.7Kg
- Supply voltage – 110/220V
- Output voltage – 30V DC
- Heater power – 35W